I finally did it!!!... I've been planning on baking chocolate chip cookies for ages now... Tomo is V's birthday, so to surprise him I finally gathered up all my courage and decided to bake some choco chip cookies... They look so awesome, I just had one cookie and it's so tasty; melts in your mouth immediately... I need to control myself before V comes home or I may end up eating all the cookies. :) These cookies are very easy and quick to prepare. Here's the recipe..
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (Remove the butter from the refrigerator about 3-4 hours before you bake)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can substitute with dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. (~200°C).
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and keep aside.
- Using a hand blender, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, beating well to combine. Repeat till all the flour mixture has been combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips by a spatula.
- Use a round tablespoon drop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. (Don't worry about the shape, once baked the cookies will be round in shape)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The center of the cookie may look raw, but don't worry, once cooled the cookie will firm up.
- Cool slightly; transfer the cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store in air-tight box for about 10 days.
- For a more "chocolatey" taste, add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the flour mixture in the chocolate chip cookie recipe.