- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups oil
- 1.5 cups grated carrots
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- Oil and flour for the baking pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. ( 180 degrees C )
- Grease and flour the baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend for a mintue.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and blend well until combined.
- Add carrots and walnuts, if using and fold it in with a ladle.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Lightly drop the pan on the table a few times to get rid of the air bubbles.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
You can use 1 teaspoon vanilla essence instead of cinnamon, if you don't like the cinnamon flavor.