- 1 cup Moong Dal (or you can use khichdi dal)
- 3/4 cup Chana Dal
- 1/3 cup Urid Dal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic-green chilly (a.k.a GGG) paste
- a few curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon jeera
- a pinch of heeng
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander for garnish.
- Wash and pressure cook the 3 dals together till cooked, about 2-3 whistles.
- Once the dals are cooked, add chopped onions, tomatoes, GGG paste, curry leaves, salt, red chilly powder and haldi.
- Add a little water if needed and pressure cook again for 1-2 whitsles.
- When done, mash it up a li'l with the hand blender. Add a li'l boiled water if needed.
- In a small kadai heat oil, add heeng and jeera and fry. Add this tadka over the dal. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tip: You can make this dish completely oil free by adding the jeera and heeng in step 2.