- 6 large fresh corncobs
- 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ajinomoto powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 6+2 cups of water
- Remove a few whole corn kernels an grate the remaining corncobs. [ Tip: You can use 6 cups of corn kernels, ground coarsely].
- Put the corn in a pressure cooker with 6 cups of water and pressure cook.
- Mix the cornflour in 2 cups of water so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the cooked corn and water and keep it to boil.
- Add salt, sugar and ajinotmotto and let it boil on medium flame for around 20 mins.
- Add the soyasauce.
- Serve hot!!!
Tip: You can serve the soup with chilly sauce and chillies in vinegar