- 1 cup rice, preferably basmati rice
- 1/2 cup kasuri methi (or 1 cup fresh methi)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup black eyed peas, soaked for couple of hours
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dhaniya powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for about 20 mins till you chop the veggies.
- If using kasuri methi, wash and soak for a while. For fresh methi, chop and wash it well.
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil, add garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add methi and fry for about 2 mins. Add in red chilly powder, dhaniya powder, salt and chopped tomatoes. Fry till tomatoes are cooked.
- Now add in the rice, carrots and black eyed peas with 2 cups water. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pressure cook till ready and serve hot with curd raitha.
Note: You can add in peas and beans if you like.