Palak Methi is one more entry in my list of "lazy recipes" -- so quick and easy to make and yet so tasty.
- 2 cups chopped palak
- 1 cup kasuri methi
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 flakes garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera
- 2 whole red chillies(optional)
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- In a pan, heat oil.
- When the oil is hot, add jeera and whole red chilly and fry for 2 min.
- Add onion and garlic and fry till onion is transparent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chilly powder, dhaniya powder and salt and fry for 2 min. Don't mash the tomatoes, we want the sabji to be green.
- Add methi and fry for 2 min.
- Add palak and mix well. Cover and cook on low flame till done.
- Serve hot with chapathis.
Note:- You can use fresh chopped methi instead of kasuri methi. To get rid of the bitterness of fresh methi, add about 1/2 teaspoon salt to fresh methi and keep it aside for 20 min. Squeeze out the water and use instead of kasuri methi.
Tip:- When the sabji is ready you can add sour cream to add a creamy flavor.