- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons kasuri (dried) methi [adjust the quantity according to your preference]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Black pepper powder to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Put oil in kadhai and let it heat.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water and make a tight dough, just like the dough you make for pooris.
- Make a small golf-ball sized ball of dough and roll it out for the poori.
- Fry it in hot oil.
- Serve hot with sabji or raitha.
- You can use freshly chopped methi instead of kasoori methi, but that may taste bitter.
- You can use freshly chopped palak instead of methi.