- 500 gms paneer, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons of ground cashewnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped coriander, for garnish.
- Take the oil in a frying pan, when hot, add the paneer pieces and fry on medium flame till the it turns golden brown.
- Remove the paneer and keep aside.
- In the same frying pan, melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, yoghurt, cashewnuts, salt, chilly, haldi and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Bring this to a boil and allow to cook for 5-6 mintues, stirring ocassionally.
- Add the fried paneer and cook for 5 more miutes, add a little milk if you find the gravy too thick.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with parothas or rice.
Tip:- You can replace the cashewnuts by almonds. Also, if you do not want to use the rich dry fruits, you can use roasted groundnuts instead. :)